The sports industry is inspiring, engaging, immersive, emotion-evoking, and a rapidly growing sector worldwide. The promotion of Sports across all spectrums of society ensures inclusivity and creates employment opportunities for many people. The business of Sports has changed faces very rapidly in the past. Sporting institutions have not only promoted sports like Soccer, Kabaddi and Hockey worldwide; they have also created a critical value for all stakeholders in the fraternity.
In the present scenario, a Masters degree in Sports management courses can take up leading roles in building a secured, prosperous future. However, students need to be enrolled in appropriate courses once they meet the eligibility criteria.
PGDM in Sports Management is a revolutionary and comprehensive programme developed to leverage the immense potential of this upcoming sector. Its advanced coursework imparts intensive event management strategies and techniques that equip and enable students to successfully plan and execute sporting events while promoting players, teams and brands through sports.
This article will have an in-depth analysis of the PGDM in Sports Management course. As a result, this article covers topics such as – skills and job opportunities.
Skills required for Sports Management Career
- As a Sports Management expert, Multitasking is an essential skill as individuals need to manage business related to sports and handle public relations and marketing, which requires negotiating, interacting and dealing with a diverse group of people like vendors, athletes and PR professionals.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills and Presentation Skillsare essential skills desirable in Sport Management as individuals need to communicate widely with people at the National and International Levels.
- Physical wellness and high energy levels to work with and for athlete superstars.
- Passion for sports, enthusiasm and a sporting spirit are vital skills to help one scale up a career in Sports Management.
- Time Management, Collaborative Attitude, Patience and Determination, and being resilient and optimistic are other skills that may help one in career growth.
List of top job opportunities in Sports Management
Many exciting job options are waiting for you! Below is a list of top sports management jobs options which you can pursue after completing your PGDM in Sports Management or other sports management courses in India or oversees:
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship Manager – They manage all the marketing of sports events, leagues, tournaments, etc., to potential sponsors and get sponsorships.
- Sports Development Manager – The role of the sports development manager is to promote sports activities among schools and university students, organising various sports events for schools and colleges.
- Sports Event Manager – Sports Event Organiser plans, manages, and organises sporting events to raise brand awareness or promote teams or team players.
- Sports Analyst – Sports teams and clubs hire sports Analysts to analyse the performance of individual players, clubs, competing teams, teams, etc., to help sports coaches and support staff improve sports performance.
- Sports Analyst for media companies – They are hired by various print and audio-visual media (Television channels) and online media to analyse multiple aspects of a match, sporting performances of teams, individual sportspersons, clubs, etc.
- Sports Communication Manager – They are responsible for handling all the media and communication requirements for sports teams and individual sportspersons, especially sports celebrities.
- Sports Sponsoring, Partnerships, and Merchandising Manager – They maintain and manage partnerships with other brands for building network awareness or promoting teams.
- Sports Consultants – They are experts working for professional athletes, sports teams and sports organisations. Sports Consultants offer consultancy services ranging from corporate sponsorships of major sporting events and helping teams and team players gain and build endorsement deals and contracts.
- Sports Operations Manager – They are involved in the planning and implementation sports leagues, competitions, or tournament operations.
- Sports Equipment Manager – They are involved in the maintenance, ordering and stocking of athletic equipment and apparel (gears and different accessories needed by players).
Just be honest with yourself, and if you decide that you see yourself as a coach, manager, or event organiser in a few years, a Sports Management degree is the best way to get there.
Is PGDM in Sports Management degree worth it at ISBR Business School ?
The answer is always yes; ISBR is among very few B Schools which provide a formal education in sports management leading to degree / masters. In addition, ISBR’s two year PGDM in Sports Management is an autonomous programme designed by us to give an advantage to sports enthusiasts who want to become experts in the sports industry.
ISBR’s PGDM course is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
In India, ISBR offers a complete market environment to students to equip them to manage sports organisations with new ideas, giving them the leverage and power to meet challenges. We are always focused on meeting all the needs of the sports industry. The most experienced and erudite faculty members are associated with Sports Management. The course is a perfect combination of practice and theory.
ISBR also provides opportunity to study abroad on student exchange at some of Europe’s top business schools which offer Sports Management as a specialization. So, if you are passionate about sports and want to build career options in this field and then learn almost all the aspects, explore a potential career in sports management.