ISBR Leadership team is pleased to present the annual report for the year 2017–18. Year after year the saga of the journey at ISBR is becoming more and more interesting and fulfilling. Of course, the year is decorated with a bouquet of novel ideas, creative events, and progressive initiatives. I present to you, in a nutshell, the vision, the dream, and how we are moving towards achieving them.
Unveiling Success Traits:
a. ISBR Business School once again is ranked as “Platinum Institute” under AICTE – CII Survey 2017 successively for the second year.
b. Award as Emerging B School of Asia in Academic Excellence at the international event- Icons of Learning held in Singapore by The Business Excellence & Research Group. This award has again proclaimed the efforts put down by our ISBR Team, which boost the legacy of being one of the most prominent business schools in the Asia Pacific.
c. ‘Best Social Media Integration’ Award
We have a strong social media presence and we regularly bring out Newsletters containing useful and creative articles and reports. We have featured CEOs of top-notch companies sharing their experiences.
d. ‘Most Upcoming Business School of the Year’ for Higher Education at the ASSOCHAM Higher Education Summit 2018 held in New Delhi New Projects & Initiatives: As ever ISBR has continued to spread its wings and mark its footprints by expanding its horizon.
a. We have started ISBR Law College, an integrated as well as independent Law Program supplemented by certification courses in Constitutional Law, Cyber Law, Intellectual Property. We are committed to creating the most productive learning Ecosystem for these programs to become a success.
b. We have added many new age specialized courses such as BBA in Aviation Management affiliated to Bangalore University.
c. Adding another feather in a cap, as an initiative to support working professionals, we have started an Evening College offering B.Com Soon you will witness a PU College.
While we have deepened our relationship with European Universities, our partnership is sought after by institutions in the SAARC region. We have An MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) in place with renowned Primeasia University Bangladesh, while new channels are being opened with Sri Lanka and Nepal to encourage research collaboration,
exchange of students and faculty and share best practices.
During the year end report, over 240 students enroll themselves under MBA and PGDM programs going through 10 specializations streams. We may admit with pride that we have achieved the result of 98%.
a. We also have One-Year PGDM program of Bangalore University, all under the umbrella of BET. We have made significant progress towards NBA accreditation. Our faculties have contributed research papers and undertaken consultancy assignments with industry- Chamber of Commerce and business establishments.
b. ISBR welcomed its MBA and PGDM batch 2017 students in the month of July 2017. Sri G Kumar Naik (Vice-President, Bangalore Management Association, MD, Karnataka Power Corporation Limited) and Mr. K. Raghu (Member, Board of International Federation Of Accounts USA, Past President Institute of Chartered Accountants, India) graced the occasion as chief guest for PGDM 2017 and MBA 2017 batch inauguration respectively and blessed the new joinees.
c. ISBR conducted several panel discussions, guest lectures, workshops, seminars with active engagement from industry.
d. Talk Series: In order to bring the best of creative and management leaders from corporate, we have launched a series of C Talks. Mr. Vikram V Kanth, VP ABB India and Ms. Poornima Matthan, Head Corporate Communications, Lenovo India & South Asia and many more corporate leaders have come and shared their valuable experiences under C- Talk.
e. Internship: Recently held Skill Capital an Internship Fair 2018, on 29th & 30th May 2018 helped in recognizing and augmenting the business skills in different domains through internships providing practical exposure in real life situations. We received abundant responses. Over 69 companies participated and engaged the talent. The process involved strategically mapping the student’s skills to the expectations of the organization. The student committee along with the placement department induced a base of 60 companies from the industry to map over 180 students. The companies that were on
board this time included IBM, Myntra, Future Group, Microland, TUV Rheinland, 3M, Taj West End, L&T Constructions, Ernst & Young, and many more.
f. International Exposure: Under student exchange program ISBR students visited Group Esc Troyes, France, similarly French students from Troyes studied at ISBR a full semester. All the MBA and PGDM students visited Singapore, Malaysiaunder International Study Tour Program.
g. Student’s development beyond the classroom: As ever students were too engaged throughout the year in organizing and hosting a number of events academic and cultural.
h. Mentoring: Mentorship Program at ISBR is setting a benchmark in its class among the best of B School in the country. Mentors from within and from industry have contributed a lot.
- Research Centre:
a. Research team is expanding.
- research scholars have joined the team. On 13th May, we had a new PhD batch inauguration for 2018 batch. Our third research journal is already published.
- b. We have hosted International Research Conference in association with AIMS (Association of Indian Management Schools) recently on 7th April
- We are launching a series of research publications covering sector studies and innovative topics.
- Placements: Placements for the batch 2016- 18 had over 100 recruiters on board to hire 150 students through the Talent Connect drives. Start- ups to top companies from Automobile, Retail, Manufacturing, E-commerce, Infrastructure, BFSI, FMCG, Information Technology , Consulting & Healthcare sectors participated in the recruitment process. Top brands like Morgan Stanley, Arvind Group, Amazon, Flipkart, Berger Paints, BYJU’s , HSBC, Reliance Retail, Page 3 industries, JP Morgan, Thomas Cook , Biocon , E & Y, Bank of America , Cognizant and many more offered challenging roles
- in Analytics, IT, Marketing, Human Resource, Supply Chain & International Business with salary in the range of INR 4 LPA to 20 LPA.
- Admission: This year we started ICAT, an online admission test for our various programs. We have seen 30% increase in a number of applications.
- PMP Program: This year we delivered a powerful Pre Masters Program for MBA/ PGDM aspirants which help the applicants to come on board for the PGDM, MBA program well prepared. They come with the clarity of learning objective which help them to be more effective in absorbing and
augmenting their learning.
- Executive Education Program: ISBR organized a series of Executive Education Program on various topics such as Turn Around Management, Digital Marketing and many more. This centre offers Executive Education Programs, Faculty Development Programs and Management Development Program in areas of relevance to industry in multiple domains.
- CSR: CSR @ ISBR has been a part of our life. Art of living has partnered with us for inculcating healthy living practices and spreading Indian ethos and values.
a. World Water Day- We played a major role in water conserve awareness. We share the community concern for nature and environment. We took up
- the Water Crisis of our City Bangalore and in association with (Electronic City Industry Association) ELCIA organized a walkathon in Electronics City. A skit on “Nature for Water” was enacted by the students at the Event of Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) to generate the social awareness.
- b. Abhinandana 2018- Year after year Abhinandana is becoming more popular. Women achievers from different walks of life are honoured and awarded this year too. We were privileged to have achievers like Ms. Dana Kursh, Counsel General of Israel for Abhinanadana 2k18.
c. I as a Dean of ISBR has the privilege of being the Chairman of Association of Indian Management School (AIMS) for Karnataka and Kerala and also continue to serve on the governing council of IACC (Indo American Chamber of Commerce), IFCC (Indo French Chamber of Commerce), Indo Italian Chamber of Commerce, ASSOCHAM, BCIC and Industry and other professional bodies. This is just a glimpse and a recall of what we have done in this academic year. Our dreams are bigger and our vision is larger. We continue to draw inspiration and energy form leaders like you and move forward to do more and remain one of the most desired institutions in the country.