All HR Students got the opportunity to have an industrial visit at hotel “CLARK EXOTICA” Bangalore. Clarks Exotica President Hotel is closely located to the International Airport in Bangalore. It takes just 9-10 minutes from the airport to arrive at the hotel. Clarks Exotica, Bangalore. Set amidst a sprawling 50 acres, it’s a world of luxury complemented by lush foliage.Number of employees are 220 employees out of which 100 is basic employees &120 is classic. It is ISO certified company.
We alongwith our Faculty Prof. Kanagaraj and Prof.Kirti Singh had first interaction with Mr.Syyed HR Assistant at Clark Exoctica.
First session: He was briefed about the Hotel, that it was opened on 2007 under the command of Mr. M. Balaji (Director) and Mr. Vaibhav Tandoor (Managing director).He was also briefed about the other branches of the hotel, strength of the staff, Standing orders where he defined some key terms like management,manager,disciplinary authority, Employees, Notice board, Badge according to Clark Exoctica, Bangalore.
Second session was totally based on the interaction between Mr.Syyed and the students, it was good experience for all of us.Everyone were actively participated and asked lots of question regarding the problems, achievement, key functions, Handling the staff and dealing with the customers etc.
Third session was based on HR function and policy .Various HR policy that Clark Exotica follows are clearly mentioned below:
- Recruitment & Selection: There was different process ofrecruitment and selection for different levels like managers, chef,employees,basically they recruit the candidates on the basis of reference and others through formal interview.
- Training programs: On job training for freshers,3 days induction program in that employees briefed about the company policies and programs, Every month first aid training are provided to the employees.
- Awards: “Best employee award” andHonesty award for doing work sincerely and honestly.
- Employment Engagement programs are:
Town hall parties
Games / Gingle bells for employees kids
Sports activities / inter hotel
Best Groomed male/female award
Monthly once ‘food festival’
- Staff retention policies are:
Non financial recognition programs
- HR systems Tools
SMART for attendance register
IDS – Payroll
Etool – PF
Register maintained: Pension register, medical register,complain register,customer feedback register etc.
Clark Exotica’s major competitors are Mou & Pick,Taj hotel,Leela Palace,Maithan etc. and the main customer are Corporates, Indigo, Spicejet, Tata.
It was wonderful experience for all HR students .It was new learning for us.