ISBR Business School has been ranked as “Platinum Institute” under AICTE – CII Survey 2016. Only 18 percent of the total institutes of the country were able to make it to the Top level i.e. Platinum and ISBR is one of them.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has been working on improving the output and quality of higher education in India for the past several years. With a firm belief and commitment that industry has to pay back to academia and society, what it gains from it and that it is in its own interest that the academic system becomes closely aligned with its requirements, CII created a multilateral platform of University- Industry Congress (UIC) in 2007. Several projects and activities have since then taken place under the aegis of this platform. One significant and successful project under the University – Industry Congress has been the annual mapping of linkages between industry and academia through a survey which is conducted in partnership with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
The AICTE- CII IndPact survey is a mature tool to measure the depth and extent of collaborations between technical institutions in the country and the industry.
The objective of this IndPact (Industry Impact) survey is to access the status of partnership between technical institutions and industry. Institutes were evaluated based on six parameters given below:
- Services/ Project & Skill Development
These parameters have been designed to give insights into:
- The extent to which institutes have been able to meet the dynamic demands of industry- responsive education
- Institutes’ capability and resources to produce talent in order to meet market requirements
The eminent jury included the renowned academician and Industrialist like Dr. Y S Rajan- Professor ISRO, Prof. R. Natarajan – Fotmer Chairman, AICTE, Dr. Prahalada Ramarao- IISC, Prof. J. K. Mitra- Former Head & Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, Dr. Maqsood Ahmed Khan, Registrar, University of Mumbai, Dr. Sujatha Balakrishnan- Managing Director, Valtech India Systems Pvt. Ltd, Dr. Vinnie Jauhari – Education Evangelism Lead- Microsoft Corporation India and many more.
The esteemed sponsors of the survey were Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited, Elico Limited and Hindustan Unilever Limited.
AICTE- CII Survey Feedback Report on ISBR performance:
- Basis the statistical model of objective scores and weightage thus earned, the institute’s performance has been green and it falls under the ‘Platinum Category’ which stands for highest level of linkages with industry and where only 18% of the participating institutes in the AICTE- CII Survey figure. Purely from that perspective the institute’s performance is commendable.
- Institute has scored well in Governance, placements and curriculum.
- Participation from Management institutes has been the highest in the survey in the past two years.
AICTE- CII survey is a great initiative to bring industry and institutes close by evaluating their performances thus bridging the gap between industry and academics. ISBR B School is privileged to be a part of the 3% institutes out of 900+ institutes who took part in this survey to be recognised as ‘Platinum Institute’. This further strengthens our commitment to our core foundation and value system and encourages us to deliver the best to society.