ISBR Business School is a once in a lifetime experience where students not only learn how to be confident and develop their leadership skills, but they also have an amazingly fun time meeting new people and experiencing college life! We got the opportunity to connect and interview one of our alumni, Dr. Abhishek Ganeshan who successfully completed his MBA & PGPM degrees from ISBR. Abhishek is a focused individual who puts his heart and soul in everything that he does. Today, he has carved a niche for himself and is quite renowned for his HRM & training services and is a proud owner of his firm “PDF Consultants”. Let us hear what he has to say about his experience at ISBR.
1. Tell us about yourself.
I am Abhishek. G and was fondly known as Dev at ISBR. Professionally I am into Training, Personality Assessments, Counselling & Mentoring. I have my own firm named “PDF Consultants”. I travel to India for my work & few countries overseas as well. Personally, I like watching cartoons, Cooking & playing with my kid.
2. What are your Qualifications & Certifications?
I did my B.com from Loyola College then my MBA & PGPM from ISBR. After that an International Graduate Diploma in Counselling Skills and with that an MSc in Psychology & finally a Ph.D. in HRM & Training
As far as the Certifications are concerned; my first trainer certificate was from ISBR Bangalore, then the following:
– Certified Trainer from MMA & ZEAL
– Certified Psychometric Analyst from GREY Cells Mumbai
– Certified Master Trainer from CAMI, USA
– Certified NLP Practitioner from MMA & ZEAL
– Certified Master NLP Practitioner from NFNLP, USA
3. What made you to start your own company?
AT ISBR, I was working as the Corporate Networking Coordinator and I was able to fetch good professional contacts. Through that, I got my job with an esteemed organization, called TVS Group. But after joining there, I felt I can expand my wings with other organizations if I start my own firm which eventually happened in 2011 and since then it is running successfully. I have personally trained more than 26000 people till date.
4. Tell us about your company?
My company PDF Consultants is into:
• Soft Skills & Behavioural Training
• Psychometric & Personality Assessments
• Potential Assessment
• Mentoring Initiatives
• Intrapreneurship Orientation
It was formed in the year 2011 and 24 intellectual resources are associated along with 125 trainers empanelled across India. You can visit – www.pdfconsultants.in
5. What are your future plans?
My future plan includes expanding more and covering more corporates. Personally, I wish to become an HR faculty for some B-schools.
6. Let’s get back to know why did you join ISBR?
When I first came to ISBR, I liked the college and its ambiance. It made me join immediately.
7. What are the highlights of your experience @ ISBR? Is there something that will stand out; something that you will always remember?
I could recall that after I got my first training certification, I was very excited. I started training when I was in the 2nd year for few colleges and also got remuneration for those sessions.
• My Corporate Networking experience was where I personally brought 4-5 companies for hiring.
• I was a member of Writers Club, HR Club & Marketing Club.
• I initiated eminent guest lecturers & guest invites wherein we had people from IBM, Microsoft & some very successful CEOs & MDs.
• Being just more than a student, I enjoyed the phase of being a resource for the college.
8. What is your favourite book? Is there a literary character with whom you identify?
I read a lot of Mythology books and I can relate more with Karna and Krishna.
9. Is there a project, paper, lab, etc. that you were especially proud of when you completed it?
Yes, my internship was the best experience. I did it in Chennai GRT wherein I was into training department. My College Faculty Coordinator was Prof. Roshini Unnikrishnan and my project was on “Post Evaluation review of training” & at that I received the first place in the project submission, where I had scored full marks. It was an amazing time!
10. What do you think, how ISBR has contributed to your life?
I have to thank the following people for grooming me to be a better professional that I am today.
• Mr. Manish Kothari, Managing Director ISBR who had that trust in me.
• Prof. Amit Gupta who allowed me to do whatever I wanted for the benefit of the cells and clubs.
• Mr. Deepak Justin(DJ), who was my UG senior, and he motivated me to be a trainer and I give my full credit to him.
• Prof. Preeja Sridhar who made me a better person and also a better trainer.
• Ms.Deepti Joshi who identified the skill in me of being a trainer.
I had faced a lot of criticisms but it eventually helped me to groom myself as a better professional.
11. What tips you would like to give to your juniors?
Be on your own. Have a passion and work on it. MBA is not for finding a suitable job. MBA is all about ‘Making the Right Job For Yourself and Give JOB For Others’
12. What memories / incident/ goof up at ISBR would you would like to share with us?
I have lots of memories and few memorable moments are:
• First training Certification which helped me in my freelancing.
• Internship Presentation for 45 minutes & getting the 1st place for the Internship Report.
• 3 gold medals for Internship, HR & Training initiatives.